Flat 3, 54 Ostrozkogo Street • Ternopil • 46006 • Ukraine
+38 067 906 37 97 • [email protected]
CERTIFIED LANGUAGE TEACHER AND TRANSLATOR
(for primary, secondary, high school students as well as for college, university and postgraduate students)
Dedicated and creative teacher willing to resume full-time teaching career. Offer a proven track record of commended performance teaching students, with a passion for education and unwavering commitment to optimizing student success.
— Creative Lesson Planning
— Curriculum Development
— Instructional Best Practices
— Classroom Management & Discipline
— Standardised Testing / Scoring
— Learner Assessment
— Experiential Learning
—Life-long learning and improvement in languages and teaching approaches.
2002 – to present SELF-EMPLOYED LANGUAGE TEACHER
English, German, French, Russian, Ukrainian and Danish teacher.
- providing individual and group tutorials for a wide variety of students of different age and background, starting with primary school students and ending up with corporate classes in-company;
- preparation for IELTS and TOEFL exams;
- improving language skills and enriching vocabulary;
- special emphasis is made on communication skills.
- teaching German, French and Danish mostly for communication purpose.
2016 – to present ATLAS TRANSLATIONS, LONDON, UK
Tasked to produce literary translations on various topics, including general, technical, legal and economic texts.
2015 – 2017 LUXINTEN LLC
English and German teacher for the company’s staff.
Tasked to teach the staff general and business English and German. Levels from beginner to advanced. The tutorials are held according to the learning needs of the employees. The curriculum is elaborated especially for each group or individual when it is a one-to-one tutorial. Since the beginning of the corporate classes, there has been a considerable progress of the staff in the lingual expertise.
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
September 2013 – to present T-Sugar Company, Mria Agroholding
Freelance translator and interpreter
Responsibilities include oral and written translation of technical documentation. The main sector of translation is agricultural sector.
August 2012 – to present Ternopil Chamber of Commerce
Freelance translator and interpreter.
Tasked to do oral and written translations of documents, contracts and technical documentation.
2006 – 2007 Project TACIS, patronized by European Commission at Ministry of Labour and Social Policy in Ukraine.
Freelance translator and interpreter.
Responsibilities included providing oral and written translation (English/Russian/Ukrainian) of the materials of TACIS Project “Development of a system of vocational education at workplace”.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
March 2017 – August 2017 120 Hour TEFL Certificate - The TEFL Academy, UK
- Create lessons for a variety of levels from pre-intermediate to
- Teaching speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Material & resource creation, utilising the internet
- English grammar and how to teach the essential language
- Needs analysis and teaching in different situations
- Classroom management and teaching techniques
2005 Obtained the TOEFL certificate with the score 230 (Computer-based test) – the equivalent to C1
1997 – 2002 Ternopil Institute of Pedagogical Education
Obtained Master’s Diploma with honours majoring in the English Language and Literature and the German Language.
Ukrainian mother tongue
Russian native level speaker
English native level speaker, professional, experienced translator and interpreter
- Ability to work both in a team (including international) and individually.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to compromise to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Ability to encourage and inspire colleagues and students.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Focusing on long-term objectives.
- Ballet and ballroom dancing classes
- Painting, Sculpturing
References are available upon request.