Phone number: +380(66) 761-1288
Email: [email protected]
Skype ID: mratoshniuk
GitHub profile: https://github.com/mratoshniuk
LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/maksym-ratoshniuk
PlayQ / Backend Engineer
December 2016 - today
- Designing and developing high-scalability micro services system for cooperating and controlling game devices, handling, and processing game events and make immediately appropriate responses.
- Using company's own framework built on Akka and Google Guice (particularly contributor).
- Refactoring a monolith architecture into microservices
- Configuring environment orchestration tool Azuki as an alternative for Kubernetes;
- Developing microservice for sending notification between devices with using third party services Aero Gear and One Signal.
- Replace Vertica DB with Amazon’s Redshift + Kafka for working on with analytics;
- Refactoring and tests coating;
- Designing backend part for web application toolkit written on Golang for DevOps and administrators;
- Providing services for working with microservices’ REST API;
- Designing and extending custom Golang MVC Framework;
- Designing a module for working with CRON Task Scheduler and AWS Batch;
- Technologies: Golang, Scala, Akka Http Netty, Python, .NET, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Vertica, Click House, One Signal, Zookeeper, Kafka, Google Guice, Google Guava, Scalaz, Shapeless, Docker, Azuki, Kubernetes, AWS Batch, AWS Redshift;
Canyon Capital / Java and Scala Developer
July 2016 - October 2016
- Developed a messenger Android application (both backend and client parts)
- Android application development - implement interaction with server (sending and fetching the data)
- Backend part: migrating Java code from Spring framework to Akka Http.
Designing asynchronous data transferring between users’ devices via Akka Actors.
- Technologies: Dagger 2, Retrofit 2, RxJava, Java 8, Spring MVC, Neo4j Graph DB, Scala, FSM, Akka.
Instant Translate / Android Developer
May 2016 - June 2016
- Developed an Android Translator, working with Bing and Google APIs
- Technologies: Retrofit, RxJava, Google API, Bing API, Material Design.
Nova Poshta / Android Developer
March 2016 - May 2016
- Developed 1 commercial application “Plannary Mobile”
- Duties: interaction with the server, development of an interface with manipulating with maps and tracking between delivery targets for daily routes.
- Technologies: Java, Maps API, Retrofit
NTUU KPI “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” / Bachelor’s in Software Engineering
Fall 2014 - Present
Undergraduate Coursework: Algorithms and Data Structures; Calculus; Coding Theory; Computer Logic; Databases; Discrete Mathematics; Discrete Structures; Empirical Methods of Software Engineering; Information Theory; Linear Algebra and Geometry; Operating Systems; Parallel Programming; Probability Theory and Statistics; Programming Languages;
Ukrainian Unified Corrupt registry / Course projects
General web-site for keeping track of corrupt officials in Ukraine.
Technologies: Java 8, Spring MVC, Hibernate, HTML, JS, CSS, MySQL.
Come Around / Open Source
Own project, the main idea of which is unique system for creating and tracking meeting and events nearby and see friends location.
Technologies: Java, Dagger 2, Retrofit, RxJava, Neo4j, Docker, MySQL, Spring Framework, Redis;
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND AWARDS
- FCE certificate (2014): certificate of English proficiency (B2).
- Zhytomyr Mathematics Competition (2012, 2014) : 1st
- Minor Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (2014, Mathematics): 3rd
- Participating in the development of online university campus
- Machine Learning by Stanford at Coursera. Certificate earned on 2, February;
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala by EPFL at Coursera;
- Functional Programming Design in Scala;
- Parallel Programming in Scala;
- Nanodegree Android Course by Google at Udacity;
- C/C++, Java, Scala, R, Python, Golang, C#;
- Akka HTTP, Android, Play, Spring, Django, Lagom;
Reactive Extensions: RxJava / RxAndroid, Retrofit 2, Akka Streams;
- Scikit-learn, Pandas, Matlab, Octave;
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Neo4J, Cassandra, Vertica, ClickHouse, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Redshift;
- Additional: Dagger 2, Google Guice, Vim, Git, Atlassian, Zookeeper, Kafka, OneSignal, Aero Gear, Hadoop, Spark, Azuki, Docker, Kubernetes, TeamCity;