We are looking for IT Specialists to join our team.
Assignment and activities
The assignment concerns the development and implementation of several applications; focus will be on the first application:
1. Management tool
Web application by which the user can manage (monitor, analyze, upgrade, backup, etc.) systems for substation protection (substations are facilities in the electricity grid where voltage is transformed from high to mid voltage and where distribution of electricity starts). The application consists of dashboards, software update functionality (a custom function is the diff/merge functionality where files are compared and differences merged). This ‘front-end’ will be key for user acceptance.
2. Service component
Implements the interface to the systems in the substations (http REST based, Server-Sent Events). It also implements triggering of periodic processes like backup, file transfer, etc.
3. Database/repository facilities
All data, files and information required for management is stored in central repositories.
1. Design of the applications in architectural or detailed design documents
2. Specification of interfaces in interface design documents
3. Design of layout of the web application
4. Implementation of the applications
5. Testing on unit/module level
The environment consists of:
Deployment on VM Ware in a network environment
Testing using SonarQube
Continuous integration and testing (CITE)
Atlassian toolchain (BitBucket/git, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence)
· Developers are as a team responsible for delivery of the applications
· Customer will provide project lead, product owner and architect
· Cooperation with supplier of the substation protection equipment: the supplier will provide the necessary interfaces
· Key: Experience with front-end development and design, to be shown by means of project references.
· Experience with Linux
· Experience with Java EE
· Frameworks like Spring
· Experience with unit tests and integration/system testing
· CITE, preferably in Atlassian Bamboo
· GIT for source code control, preferably Atlassian Bitbucket
· Ability to make and motivate design decisions
· SDEs like Netbeans or Eclipse
· Experience with LDAP in Java
· REST, Server Sent-Events
· Database: Postgres or MySQL
· Preferably: knowledge of networking, routing, proxies, etc.
· Preferably: knowledge of VMWare ESXi VSphere
· Preferably: knowledge of Docker
· Good written and spoken English skills
What we offer:
An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life.
Business trips to Europe, visa support.