Senior Linux Systems Administrator
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, IS, Engineering and 5+ years’ experience with CentOS or Red Hat.
Industry certification in lieu of degree is acceptable.
• Expert understanding of CentOS, Red Hat, Tomcat, Apache, Netapp and NFS.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VLANs, firewalls and load balancing.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a wide range of technical and
non-technical team members.
• Experienced system administrator who has maintained a large number of systems supporting
SaaS applications in a high-availability production environment
• Deep understanding and experience using the LAMP stack to build a 24x7 critical infrastructure
• Experience using scripting and automation to maintain and implement systems
• Experience with Apache/Tomcat Clustering
• Proactive, self-starter, works independently and on a team
• US work authorization required
• OpenCMS publishing platform
• VMware vFabric, ESX 4.1
• MongoDB databases
• Splunk log aggregation
• F5 load balancers
• Keynote monitoring
• Knowledge of PCI SAS70 SOC2 audit and compliance standards.
• Management of Linux based systems and applications in high traffic SaaS Production
• OS installation, upgrades, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting
• Support Staging and Production environments with product deployments/releases
• Administer backups and restores for large environment
• Track performance and capacity on an ongoing basis
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation to support production systems.
Compensation depends on qualification.