KEEP BUILDING THE BEST BLOG IN FRENCH ABOUT LEARNING ENGLISH.
This position is open to people fluent in French and fluent in English, who love to write. You don't need to be a native speaker. You do need to be good at those languages.
Please read and follow the instructions below about applying for the position.
I'm looking for someone to write for a blog that teaches English to French speakers. See and read the blog here: https://bilingueanglais.com/blog/
For this job, I need someone who can write in perfect French and masters the English language. More specifically, I'm looking for a great writer who loves to teach, loves to write and wants to keep learning his or her whole life. Since we're a small team, well-rounded individuals are a must.
Candidate profile can be:
- a writer with a passion for languages, who would like to expand their skills as a blogger and into SEO;
- a blogger or marketer with a passion for English, who would like to keep improving their skills as a writer.
While you do need to master both French and English, you don't need to be a native speaker of either. Non-native speakers who mastered those as foreign languages may actually be given a preference.
I don't want a native French speaker, because I'm building a multinational team.
I don't want a native English speaker, because they don't know what it means to learn English as a foreign language.
I want people who know how hard it can be to learn languages, remember it, and want to help other people do the same via blogging.
I speak Russian, Hungarian and Spanish on top of English. Multilingual people are the best for this position.
## Your mission
Your mission will be to write on a daily basis and keep growing the blog, while maintaining and improving its quality. Our purpose is to serve: we teach and help people in English, by creating what they need. Writing is one great way to accomplish that.
The blog has been growing constantly for 1.5 years, thanks to articles that go deep and try to be the best on their topic. Your job is to take the relay, so I may go back to other activities (product development) while we grow the business together.
You will write in WordPress in French, using a Markdown extension that lets you focus on what you write and format easily.
The blog contains innovative audio-visual examples and your job will also be to come up with good, relevant, examples in English.
Besides writing, you will also optimize the blog posts for the Web. That means: being strategic about the article's outline, emphasizing and linking keywords, including illustrations, and anything else that needs to be done to produce the best blog article possible on a given topic.
See and read the blog before applying to see if this is something you would enjoy doing.
Your task will be to write 5 to 8 hours a day and produce 8 articles per month. This is for you if you're capable of effective, concise writing and editing.
This is preferably a full-time position, but part-time is negotiable.
You will be among the first few hires inside of an already profitable company. Your impact will be huge, you will help us grow and you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation.
You will start on a freelance basis. From the start, your base compensation will be supplemented by bonuses for reaching your (and the company's) goals.
Down the line, you will benefit from profit sharing and have the possibility to become a full-fledged employee of the company.
To apply for this job, follow these simple instructions exactly:
1. Send your application to [email protected] with subject-line "WRITER/BLOGGER: ‹your name›".
2. Your languages:
- Briefly tell about your experience writing in French.
- Briefly tell about your experience learning English.
- List languages you know and at which levels on the CEFR scale.
3. Your work:
- Include texts or articles you've written, in French and English, preferably for blog posts or magazines.
- Mention which three you consider your best ones and explain why.
- Share information about your technical skills (WordPress, SEO, HTML, favorite writing tools, technical skills…)
- Provide a quote on writing a 2200-word article and the math behind the quote, so we can estimate charges for the future.
- Provide an honest estimate of how long it takes you to write 2200 words.
- Share your salary expectations and if you're open to work full time.
5. Explain why you want to work with us and why you're a good fit for this position.
If you have any questions, please send them my way, I'll be happy to help.
CLICK & SPEAK PTE. LTD.
# About the company
Why work at Click & Speak
We are a small team and strongly believe in better technology leading to better ways to learn languages. We teach English through a very cool product that takes people from 0 to 5,000 words of vocabulary, with phonetics, the proper pronunciation and a progression that makes sense. For now, we are on the French market, but there is a lot of room for growth in this and other markets.
We're organized, focused and self-managed – we despise rigid corporate structures. We're customer-centered – we're here to help people! We're creative, innovative and iterative – we love being in the flow and to produce great, helpful material. We favor action over words – which is all the more reason to stop this job post here!
We're based in Singapore, but welcome remote work: enjoy the lifestyle you want while doing the work you love.
We're like a start-up, only better because we are profitable and independent, and we already know what we want.